Leader control

02-06-2018 01:36 PM
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I am hoping for some help on how to control where a leader starts for a text balloon callout. In this case, I am just labeling by inserting a text rectangle then right clicking on the text rectangle and selecting add leader. I see the leader is created but I am unable to move the vertex to the correct anchor point. How do I accurately establish the anchor point for the leader?

b

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Bob,

Are you looking to edit the anchor point where the leader points to the feature being annotated?  Or the anchor point where the leader attaches back to the text?

thanks

Wendy

0 Kudos
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Where it connects to the feature. Thanks!

0 Kudos
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Bob,

Once you add the leader you will have a green anchor point for the annotation feature.  Hover the edit annotation tool over it and then click to move to the appropriate location.  Below is an image showing the workflow.  Please let me know if you're doing something different and this workflow doesn't work for you.

thanks

Wendy

BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Wendy, and sorry for the slow reply. I have been working on other things long enough I do not know what I was doing wrong before. I believe I followed the same steps before but each time I dragged and dropped the leader anchor point it just snapped back to the position it snapped to when I created it. I had deleted the previous callout and did not experience the same issue when I started from scratch after your post so as far as I can tell it is working well. I will pipe back in here if this issue comes up again for me.

b

0 Kudos