What does gridService property refer to?

02-05-2018 11:58 AM
MansiShah
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am working on a CreateJob widget for a template I am using from Web App Builder. One of the properties it is asking for is the gridService and I cannot figure out what that is asking for. Any url I try out takes away the undefined layerObject error but gives me a "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setVisibleLayers' of undefined..."?? At this point I am guess it might not be asking for a url of any sort. So if anyone has any idea what gridService refers to I would appreciate the help. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mansi,

So you are working with a GPService? If so what are the services input parameters?

0 Kudos
MansiShah
New Contributor III

I am working with a custom widget. gridService is one of the properties I have to fill in towards the top of the file. It is used in functions later being referred to as this.gridService.layerObject.setVisibility(true), etc. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mansi,

Not really what I was asking. Yes it is a property, but it sounds like a property for some GPService and if that is the case then we will not know any better than you as to what the parameter is. There is no dijit that I know of that is expecting a gridService input parameter.

0 Kudos
MansiShah
New Contributor III

Oh okay. From what it looks like it (the gridService property) is looking for something that has a layerObject which can have a setVisibility property. 

0 Kudos