AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS Online joined layer not drawing?

Question asked by Koelker12 on Feb 5, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 by Koelker12

I have an OpenData layer (linked below) that I'm trying to apply a join to from a csv file (attached), and while the process successfully runs, I'm getting a table with no apparent geometry. I've had the same process work in ArcMap and with a different OpenData Layer/csv file, which makes me think it's something in that one layer or a weird bug. 

My first thought was that a query or filter had been applied but that doesn't seem to be the case. There's no definition query for the layer in the mxd that was used to publish the service to the OpenData portal, either. I've tried adjusting the symbology; no dice. I also exported the joined layer into a shapefile from AGO and opened it in ArcMap, and it also failed to draw, so again it looks like it is not creating any geometry for the feature during the process.

We have users who use this sort of workflow and have used ArcMap in the past, but their use is infrequent and limited enough that we wanted to see if we could just add them to our AGO organization and let them work in the browser instead.  

Feature service: http://fdep.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=d3bb23dc9507422a86c95eb5efc964c9#overview  

Attachments

Outcomes