Cannot see existing points in survey123 connect

01-31-2018 12:50 PM
HeatherFollis
New Contributor III

I have created a survey in survey123 connect using an existing feature service layer with existing points. Should I be able to see the points on the geopoint question basemap within the form preview?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Heather,

No, you can not see other existing points in the geopoint question of a survey. This map is used only to display the current point you are editing.

The Inbox map view for that survey will show existing points for that feature service though.

Phil.

HeatherFollis
New Contributor III

Thanks Phil for answering my question. Is it something the ESRI team is thinking of enabling in future releases?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Heather,

It is unlikely the map used in the survey for the geopoint question would show other existing points anytime in the future, as the purpose of this map is to show the current point being collected or edited. It is not designed as an interactive map to be able to see all other existing points in the feature service. Also, as it is designed to work offline for data collection and editing, the point on the map is created based on the survey coordinates you have opened, not a live link back to feature service showing all data. This is where the Inbox can be used to preview and display all points before opening the survey you want to edit.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
HeatherFollis
New Contributor III

Okay, thanks Phil.