Error "Invalid folder location. Unable to access this location."

02-01-2018 01:30 AM
MuhammadAdnan
New Contributor II

I am getting this error message while Registering a folder to the ArcGIS Server(for Linux) site. 

It is worth mentioning here that,

• I am using the same user which was used to install the server on VM
  • the folder location has been checked on an nfs share as well as host machine's directories
  • the folder is otherwise accessible from explorer and I have assigned all the rights "777" using the same user account
  • I have tried all possibilities of "Publisher Folder Hostname" i.e its IP, hostname, hostname.domain, localhost etc but still in vain
  • All other steps in https://community.esri.com/groups/arcnesia/blog/2018/01/24/installation-and-configuration-of-arcgis-...‌ are working fine but this registering a folder to server site is not working.

Need your expert opinion regarding this issue. 

3 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you try to register it through ArcMap?  Go to the GIS Servers section > right click on your server > Server Properties > Data Store tab > click on the plus symbol next to Registered Folders:

MuhammadAdnan
New Contributor II

I have tried that method already and once again as you suggested, but still in vain.

this time error is 

"The ArcGIS Server is not able to connect to the specified directory. Please ensure the folder exists and has the appropriate permissions for the ArcGIS Server to access it."

0 Kudos
MuhammadAdnan
New Contributor II

Same method seems to be working with Windows VMs but not with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4

0 Kudos