ArcGIS Enterprise HA Deployment

01-30-2018 10:29 PM
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

We are currently working to build a highly available ArcGIS Enterprise Deployment. We are going to use LDAP or IWA authentication, federate the multiple machine ArcGIS server site and set hosting server for this deployment.

If anyone has done this and would be willing to share any advice, steps to deploy HA for architecture diagram below ?

I would like to set up below diagram for HA LDAP or IWA authentication, federate multiple machine site and set hosting server.

as per diagram above, users will access the portal https://lb.domian.com/arcgis  and lb distribute the request to the Web adaptor wa1 and wa2 through 80 and 443 port for Portal.

Do we need to distribute request to p1 and p2 through 7080 and 7443 from lb as well? 

What is the yellow line connecting from lb to p1 and p2 ? What is the use of lb2 in above diagram ?

What is privateportalURL documented here in steps 8 : configure second load balancer and set privatePortalURL here Configure a highly available portal—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise.

Can anyone explain the diagram above and steps to deploy the same ? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

Hi Mayur,

In ArcGIS Enterprise HA Deployment you have to configure these 4 URLS as HA

1. ArcGIS Service URL

2. ArcGIS Admin URL

3. ArcGIS Portal public URl

4. ArcGIS portal private URl

What is the yellow line connecting from lb to p1 and p2 ? What is the use of lb2 in above diagram ?

There is communication between portal to Arcgis in case of publishing hosted services and for other things also so yellow line denotes that

Do we need to distribute request to p1 and p2 through 7080 and 7443 from lb as well? 

Yes private portal url

0 Kudos
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shafi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. 

So as per the diagram we need to distribute the request to s1 and s2 from lb also?

Which URL should I use to federate multiple machine site ? lb.domain.com/arcgis or lbprivateurl.domain.com:7443/arcgis ?

Could you please guide me sequential steps of components to be installed for HA deployment ? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos