eSearch widget - Export results to KMZ

01-30-2018 09:13 AM
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All 

I am wondering if the eSearch custom widget can be configured to export the results as KMZ file? I have enabled export to Json, geojson export, but also I am  looking forward  to have a KMZ export, is there any chunk of code that I can add to the widget to get this done?

Robert Scheitlin, GISP  I am tagging you since you are the developer of this widget and I wanted to hear your thoughts about this.

Thanks

Ahmad

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ahmad,

WAB does not naively support exporting to KMZ so you would have to obtain a third party library that allows for this and add that to the eSearch widget code base and develop a custom action to use that library.

AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you Robert for the prompt replay, I wonder if you are familiar with the CMV viewer, it seems that same as the WAB it even uses the widgets used by the WAB,  there is a widget there called export (here is a live site for the export widget http://tmcgee.github.io/cmv-widgets/demo.html?config=table  ). it allows the user to export the attribute table results to a KMZ! I was thinking to integrate this part to your widget since the CMV is an open source and I can copy the code behind the export widget to the search widget.

Thanks again, 

Ahmad