I have installed ArcGIS Pro, have a tutorial book, it has a EVA license number, I have an ArcGIS online account., still Pro does not work

01-27-2018 01:45 PM
Ravi_Nigudkar
New Contributor II

I have installed ArcGIS Pro, have a tutorial book, it has a EVA license number, I have an ArcGIS online account., still Pro does not work.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
Ravi_Nigudkar
New Contributor II

yes i did

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Ravi... Perhaps you could elaborate as to what type of user.

See This blog post .... https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2017/04/10/how-to-manage-your-...

And, assuming you set up the default Named User licensing ...

Then the following applies...

For every ArcGIS Desktop license in your workplace, you can add one member, also called a named user, to an ArcGIS Online organization. The member has a user name, assigned by the ArcGIS Online administrator, and a password, chosen by the member. Once a member has been added to the ArcGIS Online organization, the administrator can assign an ArcGIS Pro license to them. The license configuration is done in the ArcGIS Online web application.

So if you are with an organization where someone else controls the licensing, you have to get your license assigned from your administrator.

If you are not with an organization, then You are the administrator

TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ravi, if you still have the problem, you should contact Esri Technical Support and open a case. Be sure to let them know that your problem is related to trial software for an Esri Press book. Occasionally there is a bad EVA code in a book, but probably that is not your case since you were able to install the software. It is more likely an issue with assigning the license through ArcGIS Online as Dan suggested. Esri Press does not directly troubleshoot these problems because they don't have a technical staff, but Esri Technical Support will help you.

Tim