Using ArcGIS 10.3 on VMWare on a Mac- upgraded VMWare and now I'm asked to "repair my license". There's no "repair" option in my ArcGIS Administrator or License Manager, and when I try authorizing again, it tells me all features are already authorized. I

01-28-2018 11:42 PM
PeterRebeiro
New Contributor

I really need help to open back up my ArcGIS. I need to complete a map for a publication submission deadline of 1/31/18. I'm pretty frustrated right now. I just increased the memory allocation of my VMWare, and this license repair nonsense started. And, in the Administrator and/or License Manager, there are no "repair" options available. Please help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

The license depend on some hardware, it looks like in your case it depend on the memory too.

Return the original memory might help solve the problem. If it does and the license return you should de authorize, then add the memory and authorize again.

If return the original memory does not help you should contact ESRI support and ask to release the license so you can authorize it again.

Have Fun

AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

I suggest you contact Esri Technical Support for assistance.  If you're using Single Use license, the Repair option is in the ArcGIS Administrator.  If you're using a concurrent license, the Repair option is in the ArcGIS License Administrator.  A technical Support analyst can help you locate and run the Repair option for your license.  If unsuccessful for any reason, he/she can help you clean up the system of existing licenses so you can reauthorize them again. 

0 Kudos