Hey guys, i am pretty new in 3D analysis in ArcMap/Scene (10.5.1.)
It might be pretty simple question ( and it hopefully is).
I am working with 3D buildings of my hometown to analyze roof solar potential.
My final goal is to produce slope and aspect data.
What kind of data i use:
- 109 multipatch (.gml) files (each contains GroundSurface, RoofSurface, Wallsurface)
>> i am interested in Roofsurfaces to analyze slope and aspect
- 1 shapefile (it contains the 109 roofsurfaces)
>> i produced it myself and used it for 2D analysis (for example: footprint to estimate and distinguish flat and sloping roof types)
What i am trying to do is:
- add z_value to the shapefile
- to create a raster elevation map
- and finally do slope and aspect analysis
My problem is:
- i dont know much about multipatch and gml. data
- i dont know how to create this z-value out of my existing data and add it the attribute table of the shapefile (if had the z-value i could use polygon to raster)
> Is it even possible? Can i use the shapefile? Or do i have to use the raw data (multipatch / gml.)
I hope you can understand what i am trying to do, and what kind of data i use.
Thanks in advance,