- When validating the federation of our GIS servers, we are presented with the message:
Portal Administrator Directory
Servers: Server Id: lrDg7sfm4UFAKE8W Status: success Messages
- ArcGIS Server services URL 'https://server01.website.com/server' cannot be validated against 'https://server01.website.com/server/rest/info'. If the service URL is a proxy URL verify it is accessible to clients.
- ArcGIS Server administration URL 'https://server01.website.com:6443/arcgis' is accessible.
- ArcGIS Server 'https://server01.website.com:6443/arcgis' version is compatible with Portal for ArcGIS.
- This issue is identical to one in the docs here. Unfortunately, the docs just say:
"[In this example] the second server reports a failure as the Enterprise is unable to reach or ping it. This server requires maintenance."
- We don't have a Web Adaptor installed for the servers, so server01.website.com/server/... does not exist.
- My team recently deployed ArcGIS Enterprise (using Chef and Esri cookbook v3.1.0). All enterprise installs were "successful", including federation--there were no errors that halted any of the processes.
- We took the default for a few variables, including WebContextURL, if that would make a difference
- We are currently working in a test environment with no certificates. So we didn't specify any of the certificate parameters when running Chef-- the docs say that it will generate a self signed certificate.
- Regardless of Chef, what might cause this error message? (Certificates, URL specifications...) If I know the root, I can hopefully define the correct variable.
If you want to see the Chef parameters, I can post those as well.