ArcGIS Online: default sort order of attribute table

01-22-2018 07:33 AM
EmilyCaruccio
New Contributor III

How do I display and maintain a default sort order of the attribute table by "Name"  when the application opens rather than the OBJECTID?

I've tried moving the NAME field to the top within the popup Web Map, sorting and saving within the Web Map, as well as configuring the layer fields within the attribute table widget within web appbuilder. All do not achieve the sort order by Name. Any suggestions?

*Note: I am not owner of the data and am not able to permanently change the data which is updated daily.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Would you like to use Sort (Data Management) in ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro, and then publish the layer to ArcGIS Online?

Check the article below (I haven't tested it for published web layers in ArcGIS Online).

How To: Permanently change the order of records in a feature class, shapefile, or table according to... 

Think Location
0 Kudos
EmilyCaruccio
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately, the layer is a REST service updated on a daily basis. Due to security and other limitations, I don't have access to change the layer for public viewing. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Emily,

If you are not able to edit the data and you are using AGOL WAB (thus you can not edit the code) then I don't know of a way to do what you are wanting. If you were using WAB Dev then you could edit the code in the _FeatureTable.js:

https://community.esri.com/thread/204561-sorting-in-the-attribute-table-wab-widget 

0 Kudos
EmilyCaruccio
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert

0 Kudos