Split and reshape tracing bug ArcGIS Pro 2.1

01-21-2018 06:21 PM
JoelMcKechnie1
New Contributor II

I recently updated ArcGIS Pro to 2.1.0 and now having an issue with the split and reshape tools, I'll try my best to explain...

Splitting: When the feature (to be split) is selected, I cannot start the split inside or on the selected feature boundary. This includes when a neighbouring feature is selected (I cannot start a split inside any selection). It returns an error in the Split tool window "Splitting Line Features failed." If I select the option to allow splitting without a selection, the tool will not start a splitting path and returns the same error message. 

The split and reshape tools are very temperamental when using the trace option. 9/10 times it won't work, and I'm not sure how to recreate the bug. Usually the trace tool doesn't trace at all and defaults to the line option.

Does anyone else have the same/similar issue? Is there anything else I can try before reverting to version 2.0?

Cheers

Joel

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

KKramer-esristaff‌ was anything reported during Beta testing? or has procedure changed?

Perhaps you could pass this on since you have in-house testing for 2.2 sometime soon

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Joel,

Can you post a screenshot please of the boundaries you are splitting.

I can reproduce with a similar setup below where I want to spit the poly with the line feature.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Joel McKechnie‌ Can you share some screenshots with maybe some numbered steps?

From the description you've provided, I'm not able to generate an error unless I do something that I'd expect to generate an error:

Other than that, I haven't been able to find reports of what you're describing, and I'm not able to reproduce it.  Please share more details so that we can help.

Thank you.

JoelMcKechnie1
New Contributor II

Hi Kory sure thing.

Not sure what's different today, but yesterday I tried editing with only one layer in the project and it wouldn't split. For some reason it is working (as seen below). There are other issues included in the screenshots (in order).

I wasn't able to find a reason for trace to not work, it seems random.

Thanks for the help everyone.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thank you for the details, Joel.McKechnie_qgsp‌.  The editing team has logged these issues you're describing and they're working to get them addressed in an upcoming release.  I apologize that you've run into these.  Thank you for getting them reported to us so that they can be fixed!

0 Kudos
JoelMcKechnie1
New Contributor II

No worries Kory.

I've found that if you select the straight line option, then go back to trace before starting a path, trace will work.

I cannot start with a trace, and I cannot start within a selected polygon or on a selected edge.

On a positive note I've noticed 2.1 handles attribute editing a lot better and is generally faster and more responsive. Thanks for all your help.