AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating a local scene and adding x y z cartesian-based data in ArcGIS Pro?

Question asked by olatunde.mosobalaje on Jan 19, 2018

I am new generally to GIS and particularly to ArcGIS Pro; I just needed to use the Geostatistical Analyst - am not new to geostatistics. I am having trouble getting my x/y/z/attributes data frame to ArcGIS Pro. Yes I have added the data (from a csv file) as an XY Event to a blank Basemap (ensuring to indicate the Z coordinate field); converted the Basemap to Map; and converted the Map to a Scene - thinking all these would have rendered the data 3D. I have two major issues:

1. Attempt to run the Geostatistical Wizard on the data is not working as it seems the Wizard sees the data as 2D and complains that multiple samples exist at same point.

2. I want the data appear in a completely arbitrary cartesian LOCAL scene (like a 3D container in my office with origin 700000,732500,0). I tried changing the coordinate setting of my project file/maps but I keep seeing all available options tied to one location on earth. What coordinate setting goes for my arbitrary 3D space?

I tried Esri's Geostatistical Analyst tutorials but the data have been pre-added!

Outcomes