Why does my installation of ArcGIS 10.3.1 stall at "Status: Writing system registry values"

01-18-2018 05:48 PM
LauraDuval1
New Contributor

I installed 10.5.1 and then uninstalled so that i could follow along with my class in 10.3.1. The uninstall went fine, but I've tried to install 10.3.1, 3 times and it stalls at the same point. It's been trying to install for 1.5 hours. My computer runs on WIndows 7

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Laura, I'm going to move this to ArcGIS Desktop Installation support‌  which is a better location.  GeoNet Help is actually just for help in using the forums.

edit:  I stand corrected.  I don't have permission to move it to that location.  But tagging it about will still allow it to get more looks re: installation.

...in the meantime, you may want to look at some of the suggestions https://community.esri.com/message/736775-re-arcgis-10-clean-uninstallation?commentID=736775#comment... 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you want to follow along, why not keep 10.5, then when you go to save your project to use on another machine... use the Save as Copy option and select the lower version.

Only stuff that is 10.5 that wasn't in 10.3 will get stripped out, but for most classes that shouldn't be and issue

0 Kudos