Display the Tree cover loss for a specific country

Jump to solution
01-13-2018 05:16 AM
MarkAbrasaldo
New Contributor

Hi! I am very new to ArcGIS Online and I have a question regarding a layer. I am using the "Tree cover loss with time slider (Hansen/UMD/Google/USGS/NASA)" layer from ArcGIS Online. My question is, is it possible to display the Tree cover loss for a specific country only like for example the country Philippines? Thanks.

Regards,

Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The layer that you refer to, is based on a raster mosaic dataset. You can apply some filtering but as expected the attributes of the mosaic dataset do not contain countries and therefore you will not be able to filter the data on a specific country (images normally don't follow the borders of countries).

As alternative you could add a layer of countries and filter on the country you want (use borders only) and add another layer where the country you are interested in is the only country that does not draw and assign a white fill with little transparency and make it look like this to highlight the country you are interested in:

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Do you have a link to save people searching?

Is the time slider a demo or can you relocate the point of view?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

The layer that you refer to, is based on a raster mosaic dataset. You can apply some filtering but as expected the attributes of the mosaic dataset do not contain countries and therefore you will not be able to filter the data on a specific country (images normally don't follow the borders of countries).

As alternative you could add a layer of countries and filter on the country you want (use borders only) and add another layer where the country you are interested in is the only country that does not draw and assign a white fill with little transparency and make it look like this to highlight the country you are interested in:

MarkAbrasaldo
New Contributor

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MarkAbrasaldo
New Contributor

The layer that I'm talking about is this. What I'm trying to achieve is to display only the data from a specific country. Is it possible to do that in that layer or I have to manually download the data and mosaic it? Thanks.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

You could download the relevant TIFF files (is this the list of files: https://storage.googleapis.com/earthenginepartners-hansen/GFC-2016-v1.4/lossyear.txt ), create a mosaic dataset from them and clip the result on your country (in case the steps that I described earlier does not yield an acceptable result).