ISO cluster Unsupervised classification input raster bands has an x next to it.

01-10-2018 09:38 AM
Labels (1)
Mattthompson2
New Contributor

I'm trying to do an Iso Cluster Unsupervised Classification in ArcGIS and next to Input Raster Bands there is an X in a circle. When I click ok to start the tool it gives me an error but doesn't say what the error is.

How do I make it work? Arcgis 10.5

Screenshot of X

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/tools/spatial-analyst-toolbox/iso-cluster-unsupervised-cl...

got 2 bands? are the data integer? lots of requirements in the help topic.  Expand the tif in the add combobox and see if you have to add the bands one at a time

Mattthompson2
New Contributor

I've looked over that page already actually.
I have multiple bands and my requirements seem to fit everything on that page. I've added each band individually, tried a composite image. The x seems to never disappear.  I've done this before several times and that big red x has never been there before. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

what's the notice when you park your mouse over the x?  In Pro, you get context - specific information

show the dialog when you follow this

There are several ways you can specify a subset of bands from a multiband raster to use as input into the tool.

• If using the tool dialog box, browse to the multiband raster using the browse Browse button next to Input raster bands, open the raster, and select the desired bands.
  • If the multiband raster is a layer in the Table of Contents, you can use the Make Raster Layer tool to create a new multiband layer containing only the desired bands.
  • You can also create a new dataset that contains only the desired bands with Composite Bands and use the resulting dataset as input to the tool.
Mattthompson2
New Contributor

A whole lot of nothing.

It's weird because I just opened up a file that I had done a previous classification on and that x is there now too. 

I did notice that in the tools the iso cluster unsupervised classification has a scroll thing instead of a hammer.

I'm not sure what that means. I attempted to relink the script file and it's still there.

Tool shot of ISO

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

let me guess, did you toggle on the Spatial Analyst Extension in the Customize, Extensions menu option?  the scroll simply means it is a script tool and not a conventional arcmap tool.  You might want to try one of the other tools

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/extensions/spatial-analyst/image-classification/executing...

barring that all I can recommend is

• reboot, restart
  • move the data to a new local folder and start over
  • try another image
  • try another image in a new location
  • do one that you have done before
  • anything that is different than what you are doing now
0 Kudos
Mattthompson2
New Contributor

Ugh. I think I'm on attempt 12 of restarting in different ways:(

Arc is an extremely useful tool despite being frustrating some days. 

Thanks for assisting though!

0 Kudos