no Viewshed

Jump to solution
01-09-2018 07:01 AM
NorbertThoden
Occasional Contributor III

Hi!

I was able to build and run the viewshed example - ok.
(arcgis-runtime-samples-qt-master/ArcGISRuntimeSDKQt_CppSamples/Analysis/ViewshedLocation)

But i am not able to move that code into our application. (Linux: openSuse 42.3; Qt5.10, gcc 4.8.5)

As result no viewshed is visible, no errorMessage - just not visible.

Does someone knows common pitfalls?

Which kind of log messages can be enabled?

Which tools can be helpful?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NorbertThoden

Hi!
In the meantime we recognized the problem:

We checked the errorOccured signal of the AnalysisListModel.

While running the program we got error code
8001. Error message:   
"Attempt to use functionality that is not supported for the current license level"
Now we have to dig into the licence, where are they supplied, how to assign to application, and hopefully it will work then... 😞

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Norbert- did you find the solution? If it works in the sample that you built on your system, it indicates your system should support everything you need. As for common pitfalls, I often remember to add the viewshed to the analysis overlay, but forget to add that analysis overlay to the actual scene. I also find that I sometimes need to change the heading/pitch/etc for it to display as I desire.

0 Kudos
NorbertThoden

Hi!
In the meantime we recognized the problem:

We checked the errorOccured signal of the AnalysisListModel.

While running the program we got error code
8001. Error message:   
"Attempt to use functionality that is not supported for the current license level"
Now we have to dig into the licence, where are they supplied, how to assign to application, and hopefully it will work then... 😞
0 Kudos