Related Tables in ArcGIS Online. Can I change the identifying field used to connect the related records?

01-08-2018 12:37 PM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

Trying to create a feature service with related table in ArcGIS Online.

I've got some sql database data that has a lot of missing information in several records. In order to successfully create a relationship class that relates all records, I've had to create a new field that combines two existing fields in the attribute table. Now that all of my records are related correctly, I want to publish it to AGOL and use a different field to link the records for all new data going forward. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Michael 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this data hosted on AGOL? Or is it being accessed via a service into AGOL? 

I know the Migrate Relationship Class—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop is useful in the DT environment. You can always overwrite the hosted FC with the migrated relationship class

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett

Hey Andrew,

Thank you for the reply. The feature service is a hosted on AGOL.

I've tried using the Migrate Relationship Class Tool, but unfortunately it only seems to work if you're using the Object ID as the key. I spoke with ESRI about it this morning and so far it seems that there isn't a way to change the key fields  in AGOL. I'm afraid what I may have to do is keep the current feature service as a read only archive (to maintain the current relationship)  and then publish a new service for new entry's going forward that will relate by global ID.

This data is ultimately going to be collected with Collector.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If the data isn't sensitive, I can take a look on my side and see if some Python can get us around this if you send it this way

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett

Hey Andrew,  a work around in Python would be great. Unfortunately the data is sensitive. We have a contract with the feds that prohibits me from sharing the information. When I have a little time, maybe I'll create some similar dummy data and send it to you. Thank you for the offer.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Classic feds and their sensitive data  

I'll dedicate a few minutes to this and see what I can come up with

0 Kudos