I have a couple guys trying to submit surveys and they will not submit. They are not getting error messages, both have tried restarting IPads and have tried signing off and back on again.
Can you provide any further information, for instance the version of Survey123 app and Connect in use? Was this survey published by Connect or Website? What version of iOS on the iPads?
Is there any error code or exclamation mark next to survey in Outbox? What happens when they press send?
Have you made any changes to the survey via Connect or Website recently, or changed permission of the feature service or groups?
Are other users with different devices able to submit successfully?
A couple of people are getting the attached error code. I fixed the issue, updated and published it. I have had them update the survey on their IPads and they are still getting the error code. The others are trying to submit and it will save them but it will not submit. I have had them signoff/on and restart, but still not working.
We are using Survey123 Connect version 2.5.44 as far as an exclamation mark next to survey in outbox I will have to get with them on that.
I just this week took over this position with not much training, so I may be missing a step. I wasn’t told if there is something I need to do after publishing changes on survey. This is all new to me.
FSCC Program Coordinator
State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO)
O: 512-676-6813 | F: 512-490-1056
SFMO Web Page - www.tdi.texas.gov/fire<http://www.tdi.texas.gov/fire>
Thanks for the extra information, it looks like there is something wrong with an expression in your survey, can you please attach a copy of your survey xlsx form. Thanks.
Attached is the xlsx form for the Survey. Please let me know if you need anything else.
A couple of things I have noticed with your survey that may be causing issues:
1. You are using theme-grid in Style setting on Settings sheet. This is not supported in Survey123.
2. You have set appearance field-list (for pages) to some groups but the Style setting (see no 1) in not set to pages. If you want to use pages in your survey, set the appearance of a group to field-list and then set the Style on Settings sheet to pages.
2. You have a question field type called today (row 7). This is not a supported field type. I assume you want to use date or datetime and then set default or calculation to now() to show today's date/time?
3. The text field with the name letterhead does not have a label.
4. You have used reserved words such as END for field names. Please check all names used and that they are not on the reserved words list on Types sheet. Also a good idea not to use START or TODAY as field names.
The above may not be all the issues but were the easy ones I spotted. You need to check every question, field name, label and calculations (or relevant, default, parameters etc) to ensure there are no errors or parameters not currently supported by Survey123.
Once you have fixed everything up, you will need to republish your survey and see if users still have issues sending surveys. Note that if you change the name and question type of fields it will ask you to re-create the feature service. Be careful of data loss in that case if users are already using this survey, do not select option to delete and create new feature service due to schema changes. In that case you need to manually update and change the feature service (in ArcGIS Online or Portal), and then update survey to match the update field names and types.
Retrieving data ...