I Need Silverlight API 3.3 x64 (Urgent)

01-02-2018 11:23 PM
TubaKumbara
Occasional Contributor

Hello. We facing some Internet Explorer memory limitations problem on clients. We using Arcgis api for silverlight 3.3 (x32)

And wee need to x64 silverlight API.  (Client, Client.Behaviors, Client.Bing, Client.Printing, Client.Toolkit, Client.Toolkit.DataSources).

This is very urgent. 

I've downloaded sources from  https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-toolkit-sl-wpf/tree/master/src/Silverlight/API and tried to compile as x64 but can't accomplished. I'm faced many error messages while compiling.

Thanks inadvance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
TubaKumbara
Occasional Contributor

Why ESRI doesn't care to questions. Why? Our silverlight application is crashing on internet explorer after longest usage  because of memory leak and i want to solve my problem. This is very very urgent for me. 

Internet explorer running as x32 because of our client api. In this case Internet Explorer has maximum memory usage limit as 1.4 GB. This is not enough for us.And i think we have one solution that, we need to use ARCGIS silverlight x64 Client Api's. 

But no answer from you. 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tuba,

FYI, the ArcGIS API for Silverlight was retired on June 1, 2016. It is no longer supported by Esri. Please see these notes,

This info was announced back in 2014,

https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support/blog/2014/11/10/final-release-and-support-plan-f... 

I suggest you look into building a solution with the ArcGIS API for JavaScript,

ArcGIS API for JavaScript | ArcGIS for Developers 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
TubaKumbara
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for Reply.

Yes i know it's retired. We are working to change silverlight with JS api. But it not easy to change. Our application is very big and taking too long time to change.

I have to solve my problem in silverlight application in short time and as i said i need to x64 client api for that.

So, don't you have x64 api for silverlight? is It never been?

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The Silverlight API was compiled for AnyCPU, not x86. That means it's merely intermediate IL code. Once you run the app the first time, it's on-demand compiled into x86 or x64 machine code by the Silverlight CLR. So in theory the Silverlight API should support both, as long as the hosting process can support either (ie you would need to run x64 IE with the x64 Silverlight Plugin).

Having said that, if you're running a web application that requires more than a gigabyte of memory, I'd be so blunt and say you have other bigger problems with your app. That much data will never be good for performance. Are you sure you're not holding on to more memory than you need to?

TubaKumbara
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for reply. 

Our application has 30 different map layers and this layers can be visible on sametime (this is depends on users choice)

I opened my silverlight application and select 10 layers on sametime (vector, imagelayer or tiledlayer) , and i just changed extend, zooming in and out again and again and again...... Thats what all we do. 

Memory usage of Internet explorer is continuously increasing, and than reaching 1.4 GB and finally our application is frezees until restart Internet Explorer.

What can be wrong with our application?

We compiling application as AnyCPU already. But i'm seeing Internet Explorer as x32 (explorer*32.exe) on my task manager. Our Internet Explorer is x64.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

30 layers is quite far beyond the recommendation. For that many layers, it's recommended to use a MapServer with the layers instead.

What sort of layers is this?

But i'm seeing Internet Explorer as x32 (explorer*32.exe) on my task manager. Our Internet Explorer is x64.

You probably have both installed, but you're obviously running the 32 bit one (which I'm pretty sure is the default on the older Windows OS). There you have to explicitly pick the x64 one.

TubaKumbara
Occasional Contributor

Starting Iexplore from program files\internet explorer (not from program files x86) and im seeing x64 IExplorer on task manager. After start my silverlight application, explorer changing itself with iexplore.exe *32. So i think Iexplorer needs to run x32 mode on my silverlight app. sometings are wrong with my silverlight application and i don't know what is it.

We have got 5 diffrerent map servers for layers.

Layer Ordering

3.. Some Vector Maps (on top)

2.. Some maps (mapservice, ImageService...)

1.. Base Map (at the bottom ImageService)

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry but I'm not sure why your browser switches to 32bit. That would be a question for Microsoft. It's been years since I even had the Silverlight plugin installed, and honestly can't remember the last time I ran IE :-).

0 Kudos