AnsweredAssumed Answered

Survey123 - strange error when trying to build survey from XLSforms

Question asked by leftieant76 on Jan 1, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 by leftieant76

Hello everyone and happy new year!

I'm starting out my new year by trying to build what should be a pretty simple Survey123 project. However, every time I try to build the survey I am receiving a strange error that I cannot resolve.

For context, I am using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS (Version 2.3.24) and am using the 'Advanced' option.

Error as below:

The error is occurring on a couple of different fields. I don't think I'm doing anything too complicated - the fields I am getting issues on are:

1 - Record date / time. I would like this field to be hidden (using type = hidden), autopopulate with current date / time (calculation = now()). Using bind::esri:fieldType = esriFieldTypeDate

2 - Record lat / long of geopoint location. Both of these fields are hidden (type = hidden), calculation = pulldata("@geopoint",${LOCATION},"y") ("y" for lat and "x" for long). Using bind::esri:fieldType = esriFieldTypeDouble

The issue seems to relate to the bind::esri:fieldType column, as when I remove these values, the issue goes away. My understanding however is that as I would like these particular questions to be hidden, that I need to use this column.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Copy of the xlsforms spreadsheet attached for your reference.

Many thanks.

Outcomes