Advanced 1 Year Trial and ArcGIS Pro License

12-28-2017 11:02 AM
ChristopherBates2
New Contributor

I am a student. I have received a license code from my organization in the format of EVAXXXXXXX. I have activated that code here: ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial and download/installed the ArcGIS Desktop software. I have followed the steps and successfully registered the software. The ArcGIS Administrator states the licenses have been Authorized. I am able to run ArcMap without any problems. However, I am unable to run ArcGIS Pro, because the software request licensing information. I follow the prompt for Single License User and the Authorization, however after inputting the code, EVAXXXXXXX, it states "All Features Have Already Been Authorized on This Machine". ArcGIS Pro fails to Authorize and is unusable. What can do to remove the confusion between the license managers? A deactivation and reactivation through the license manager made no difference. My "Advanced 1 Year Trial" is supposed to support both ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap.  Any help is greatly appreciated. I think the problem has do with a licensing issue within ArcGIS Pro files, but have been unable to find a solution for it. Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

As you've found out, the ArcGIS Pro licensing is not combined with the Education program 1yr evaluation codes (EVA12345678).  One of your schools ArcGIS Online administrators will need to add your account to access the organizations ArcGIS Pro licensing--done through the AGOL portal.

They should be able to assign it to your new Esri Global account you activated your EVA... code against. Or just send you an invite to your email of choice as they prefer.

In any case you can not do it yourself with the student trial seat.  You'd have to purchase the Home use license and gain access to the my.esri.com portal to do that.

Good luck.