AnsweredAssumed Answered

Survey attribute that updates instantly on survey after collecting data and can be reset

Question asked by jsmith331 on Dec 28, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 by jsmith331

I have a survey that uses the pulldata function to display utility information to our employees in the field. This information is stored in a CSV file in the media folder on my C drive. In the survey, each project is listed with a radio button and our field employees will see unique attributes about each specific project when they change their project selection.

On a monthly basis, these employees need to submit meter reads for our ongoing projects. These employees requested an additional displayed attribute in the survey that says if they have read a particular project's meter for the current month. I currently have a workflow that updates an attribute on their survey called "Complete (December 2017)" to "TRUE" or "FALSE". This attribute updates the day after they submit data and it's from me manually updating the CSV in the media folder using an Excel formula.

I am wondering if there is a way that I can create an attribute on their surveys that automatically updates with the "TRUE" or "FALSE" value immediately after they send a survey to let the employees know which projects have had their meters read for the current month in real time? Also, I'd like to easily be able to reset this attribute to FALSE again at the start of every month.

Thank you for your time. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes