I'm using both the General Purpose and the Hybrid Basemaps. We aren't using the Local Government model.
I have created map services for both of these basemaps by customizing the original MXD document to point to our data. If I add the basemaps to a map on AGOL as a layer they come in correctly. If I add them as a basemap, they jump over to the Naperville Extent. This happens when I have the map service saved as a layer in AGOL and if I bring it in using the rest service endpoint.
- Set the extent in the settings in AGOL for my layer to match my projection.
- Checked my layers in the map document to make sure that they are all in the correct projection.
- Copied the layers into a new MXD and shared as a map service by overwriting the existing map service.
- Copied the layers into a new MXD and shared as a map service by creating a new map service.
- Pulled out all of my hair.
Once I create the map and app and manually put it to the correct extent it stays there, however, if I'm trying to get other departments to use this platform, they are going to think it's rubbish if they have to do it.
Any ideas as to what I'm missing?