Calculate distance multiple points to multiple polylines

12-15-2017 03:00 AM
ChristophBaumeister
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I have a problem calculating average distances between multiple points to multiple polylines. I have two tables: one is with mapped points, the other is with mapped polylines. The ID number of both tables match. I would like to calculate the average distance of a certain set of points that match to the ID of the certain set of polylines. Example: I would like to calculate the average distance of two homes of one city dweller to three roads in the city he likes most. So, two points (homes) and three polylines (roads) have the same ID since they belong to this unique person. Is there an easy way to calculate the respective distances in ArcGIS? Since I have a set of data with many attributes like this, I cannot calculate it manually by pre-selecting attributes. The near tool does not work.

Could somebody help me to resolve the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Christoph

0 Kudos
1 Reply
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Duplicate of Calculate Distance multipoints to multiple Polylines  and https://community.esri.com/thread/206842-calculate-distance-multipoints-to-multiple-polylines . Please don't post the same question in different spaces, just create a single thread and tag the other spaces to get more visibility.

0 Kudos