Hidden field responses not appearing in the Analyze and Data tabs

Jump to solution
12-12-2017 05:19 PM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

I followed the wonderful example by Carmel Connolly (Making Other Work Harder in Survey123 Results — Esri UK)

to collate 'other responses' into a single field (Section 2), and it worked great..... except when i view the survey results in the Survey123 website. In the Analyze tab, i see a message which reads 'no questions are visible....' I clicked the Set Visibility button and selected the 'All' check box. Still no questions are visible. In the Data tab, when i click on an individual record, in the right hand pane i see the title of my survey and the 'submitted by' and 'submitted time' fields, but that is all.

As a test, i changed the hidden field to 'text', republished the survey, and submitted some new responses. Now i can see all the responses in the Analyze and Data tabs. Is the Survey123 site supposed to hide the responses to 'hidden' questions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tom

Hidden fields are not currently supported in the website. We do have an enhancement request open for this and will add you to it. Additionally, there is a bug affecting the handling of select_one or select_multiple questions using or_other. This should be addressed in 2.6.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tom

Hidden fields are not currently supported in the website. We do have an enhancement request open for this and will add you to it. Additionally, there is a bug affecting the handling of select_one or select_multiple questions using or_other. This should be addressed in 2.6.

Thanks

John

CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tom, 

Good spot! I'll add that to the blog

Carmel

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tom,

Would you mind sharing the XLSForm file with us and also with some screenshots? In the next 2.6 release, we have an enhancement for detecting "Other" choice better on the website, not sure if this enhancement will fix your issue.

0 Kudos
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Screen shots below. I am not sure how to upload the xls form.

In the first screen shot, the 'All' checkbox is selected in the 'Set Visibility' dialog.

0 Kudos