AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to retrieve underlying road segment attributes from a Network Analyst service

Question asked by lscharen on Dec 11, 2017

I have routing service that I am using with the RouteTask to perform basic routing. I am wondering if there is a way to either

1. Configure the Network Analyst to return additional attributes from the underlying network feature classes when executing a solve
  2. "Correctly" query the network feature classes based on the information returned by the solve endpoint

My specific use case is that I have fields related to the direction of travel (L_COUNTY, R_COUNTY, L_CITY, R_CITY, etc.) and I want to be able to find out which administrative area a person is traveling through on their route.  Since these roads lie on the boundaries of these areas, it is unreliable to rely on spatial queries and I have not been able to find a way to return a list of road segment IDs or specific attributes back with the route results.

I have tried using OFFSET spatial queries with reasonable results, but I would prefer a more direct way to find the network feature class segments that comprise the route returned by the Network Analyst service.

Thank you.

Outcomes