Date Error Survey123 Browser Version

12-11-2017 01:56 AM
RamonaDeck1
New Contributor II

Hello GeoNet Community,

I have a question regarding the date question type in Survey123. I use the standard format in my survey and this works just fine when I use the App version of Survey123. If I try to use the Desktop/Browser version I have some problems depending on which date I choose. 

If I choose a date, which has naturally only one number as day or month like 01.12.2017 or 12.03.2017 I can't submit my Survey because of an error message i receive. I don't get this error if i choose a date like 10.12.2017 or 12.11.2017, which have two numbers as day or month.

Can someone solve this issue or has the same Problem?

Thank you!

Tags (2)
7 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ramona

Can you confirm what browser you are using? There is a known issue around date submission in Safari.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
RamonaDeck1
New Contributor II

Hey Jonathan,

thank you for your reply!

I just tested different browsers and had the same problem in Internet Explorer and Safari. In Chrome the date just worked fine.

Best regards

Ramona

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Ramona - this is a known bug and have updated it with the details you provided.

We will update this thread when we have an update.

The current workaround is to use an alternative browser, such as Chrome

0 Kudos
RamonaDeck1
New Contributor II

Thanks Jonathan, we are looking forward to a solution.

Using an alternative browser is unfortunately not a solution for us as for our users it is not possible to install alternative Browsers on their Laptops. In many companies there are restrictions for employees to install other Software as usually provided by the Company.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-GKyg-xriCvci
New Contributor II

Hello, have there been any improvements in this area? We are also using Survey123 as open form to gather public data and we put additional description on our website that you can't submit survey using Explorer or Safari. It was working fine until yesterday because 'date' field was highlighted in red colour and it wasn't possible to submit survey using Explorer or Safari so the user needed to switch browser. Since yesterday, no red highlighted area appears. And the user is able to submit survey without any errors but 'date'  field disappears and I can't see submitted date in the survey results. As the date is crucial part of my survey form, I have a problem getting results without it. Can you suggest any workaround or should we still wait for repairing the bug?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aleksandra - can you confirm that you are still affected by the bug?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-GKyg-xriCvci
New Contributor II

Hi, no, not anymore. I was testing Syrvey form in Explorer yesterday and it registered the date properly in survey results. Great thanks to Esri stuff for solving this bug!