How does the Visibility Assessment Solution work using my data?

12-10-2017 02:47 PM
NIKICHATZ
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm an MSc student and an Arcmap user for years. I would like to use the "Visibility Assessment" Local Government Solution for my thesis but I can't understand the way to use it on my own project. I downloaded the relevant zip file from the esri's site and I saw the project inside. So, my questions are:

1. Can I use the AssessVisibility task using MY data in my district and get similar results?

2. Do I have to open the project that is already in the zip file and work in this (opening just a new scene), or just download the task and use it whenever I want?

3. Into the downloaded zip file there are three geodatabases and many shapefiles that don't seem to appear into the project. Do I have to build my data this way (organizing three gdbs and making from the start extra shp??)

I would appreciate your help!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

If you don't mind adjusting your data to the schema the solution uses, there is no problem using your data. If you want the solution to adjust to your data, you will have to edit the underlying script for the provided tool, since I noticed multiple hard coded fields which probably will not match your data.

As a side note, you may also be interested in this App (which is in beta): https://maps.esri.com/jg/BlueLights/index.html  and the related group: Campus Blue Lights App Beta