Charts Rounding

12-07-2017 05:27 AM
MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

Since the release version was finalized yesterday, my charts are rounding to 1 decimal place.  How do I get it not to round.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What area of the chart are you referring to? The hover text? The label? The value axis labels?

The hover text respects the number label formatting defined on the Value Axis Tab.

The value axis respects the number label formatting defined on the Value Axis Tab.

The label formatting has it's own formatting on the Series Tab.

If you want to see more decimals, use a pattern such as #,###.## (to see up to 2 decimals) or #,###.### (up to 3 decimals). More information on number formatting can be found here.

MarkYerington

It is the hover text.  I don't know whether I want the labels of the chart to be out multiple decimals.  We are pushing scada information and we really need out multiple decimals.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The value axis labels can also use "Integer Only" if you don't want decimals to be displayed on the axis. The formatting will still be used for the hover text though.

This config uses Integer only but shows up to 4 decimal places in the hover text

Integer Only

This config shows when "Integer Only" is disabled while showing 4 decimal places in hover text.

Not Integer Only

This config shows when I only want to see one decimal place and integer only is disabled.

One decimal place

Hover text off, but using specific formatting for labels on the chart.

Labels on charts

I hope this helps. If you have a different use case or requirement, can you show a screenshot of the issue?

0 Kudos
MarkYerington

Aaron

One other thing Domains are not using the description any more.  Look at VFD State should not be 0 or 1 should be normal or off

Other than that this thing is great.  If you are part of the Operations Dashboard team share with your team we had a great breakthrough using Geoevent Server and operations dashboard for viewing our scada information in the field.  Since this is now a Web platform our water production operators can now view the dashboard on their tablets in the field so they are not having to call system control to get status.  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mark,

Is the field for VFD State using just coded domains? Are there any subtypes involved?

That's a great looking dashboard. I'm part of the Operations Dashboard Dev Team. I'll share your success with our team.

0 Kudos
MarkYerington

Just coded domains and they were working before the update yesterday. When I look at the data table it shows the coded value description, but once displayed in the list widget just shows the coded value.

Mark Yerington │GIS Systems Analyst │ GISP

Muscatine Area Geographic Information Consortium

c/o Muscatine Power & Water | 3205 Cedar Street | Muscatine, IA 52761

Office: 563.262.3316│Cell: 563.260.4525 Email: myerington@mpw.org│Web: magic-gis.com<https://magic-gis.com/>

0 Kudos
MarkYerington

That did it and doesn't change the labels on the side.  How do I mark this as answered?

Thanks

0 Kudos