ArcGIS 4.5 Mouse Click Not Propagating For Drawing

12-06-2017 03:13 PM
MalcolmGruber
New Contributor II

I'm trying to setup some simple drawing using the SketchViewModel in an existing project. I can currently draw a polygon and it works great in Internet Explorer. But if I switch to using Chrome, if the mouse is over the outline of the Polygon the mouse click does not work. Worse yet this makes double-clicking to finish impossible. Is there any way to get around this? Or does anyone know what may be causing the mouse click to not propagate down? The project was old and handed to the team after it was created so we were sort of forced to use what was there so I'm looking for anything I can look for to help find my problem as well.

Update:
The solution for me was to update my version of Chrome. I updated from 49 to 57, which solved this problem. It has to do with how Chrome treats the geometry that gets drawn. We also found this issue in Version 51 of Chrome.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Malcolm,

Do you have any problems with this sample using Chrome?

Sketch temporary geometries | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.5 

0 Kudos
MalcolmGruber
New Contributor II

We've been in crunch, so I'm just coming back to answer this.
The sample on my laptop had no problems. It was an issue with the version of Chrome. I was running 49.X (don't recall the exact version). It also was a problem on 51.
I skipped to version 57 and we no longer had this problem. Sadly there is no other way to get around it that I can see. It's how Chrome treats the drawing path.

אורכהן
New Contributor

Hey have this issue solved ?

i'm running into the same problem and aerantly it's hapen because of the old chrome version (51, which i must use).

there  is any solution for this ?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Use keyboard keys in-order to edit the drawing. Keyboard shortcuts can be used and I have also tested on my end and it is working. The shortcuts can be found on https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-views-2d-draw-Draw.html.