11-30-2017 11:26 PM
ElifKırpık
New Contributor
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlisonSizer
New Contributor III

We've seen this happen occasionally when authors copy and paste content into Cascade, particularly from other websites. Looking at the app data behind your story, I think that's what's happening here as well.

When you copy-paste, sometimes invisible symbols and characters get copied and pasted along with the stuff you can see. There are a few invisible characters -- in particular line breaks -- that will screw up the application data and Cascade won't be able to process it. 

See this other geonet post for steps to solve this problem using ago-assistant:

My story map wont open after I made it. It just shows the loading sign. I have tried it on different...

The phrases I'm seeing in your app with these invisible characters are listed below. I've put *** in where the problematic characters are -- many appear at the end of a phrase, after a semicolon. You should be able to use ago-assistant to remove these characters.

consisting of terabytes or peta- bytes of data;***

being created in or near real-time;

temporally and spatially***referenced;***

striving to capture entire***populations . . . traditional, small data studies;***

aiming to be as detailed***as possible

conjoining of different data sets;***

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AlisonSizer
New Contributor III

We've seen this happen occasionally when authors copy and paste content into Cascade, particularly from other websites. Looking at the app data behind your story, I think that's what's happening here as well.

When you copy-paste, sometimes invisible symbols and characters get copied and pasted along with the stuff you can see. There are a few invisible characters -- in particular line breaks -- that will screw up the application data and Cascade won't be able to process it. 

See this other geonet post for steps to solve this problem using ago-assistant:

My story map wont open after I made it. It just shows the loading sign. I have tried it on different...

The phrases I'm seeing in your app with these invisible characters are listed below. I've put *** in where the problematic characters are -- many appear at the end of a phrase, after a semicolon. You should be able to use ago-assistant to remove these characters.

consisting of terabytes or peta- bytes of data;***

being created in or near real-time;

temporally and spatially***referenced;***

striving to capture entire***populations . . . traditional, small data studies;***

aiming to be as detailed***as possible

conjoining of different data sets;***