Schema locks not releasing

11-29-2017 07:32 AM
MikeEdwards
Occasional Contributor

I'm having an issue with schema locks remaining in a geodatabase. I'm using ArcMap 10.5.0 (not sure if that matters).

I'm importing data from an SDE to a GDB (file), adding to a topology, validating, then exporting the errors. When I go to delete the GDB (it's only needed for the validating process) I get an error message saying failed to delete dataset. I looked into it and the GDB is holding on to the schema locks for the Dirty Areas, Line Erorrs, Point Errors and Poly Errors. 

None of the data remains in the data frame, and the only way for these locks to clear is to shut down ArcMap, which is not an acceptable step in the workflow.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Is there a way to remedy this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You are not alone, similar issue/problem:  https://community.esri.com/thread/203605-timestamp-file-in-file-geodatabase-directory  and there have been others.  I wish I had a reasonable response for you; unfortunately, this is a long-standing issue that Esri has never addressed, or even provided a decent workaround for in my mind.

MikeEdwards
Occasional Contributor

So frustrating. Thanks for the link. I guess I'll have to rethink my approach for the time being.

0 Kudos