video doesn't respect start and end in embed code

Jump to solution
11-29-2017 08:48 AM
JasonMenard
New Contributor

When adding an embed code from YouTube into Story Map Cascade, videos don't respect the start and end times when the YouTube URL supports that functionality:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l3J1vfJ168g?start=123&end=158" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ArcGIS will just start this video at the beginning. Likewise, if you input a share code with a specific start time, the Casecase editor just ignore that start and goes from the beginning.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jason -- Sorry, URL parameters aren't supported in the Cascade builder at this time, but we are considering adding that in a future release.

For now, you can try the little hack described in this GeoNet thread to add the start/end times to your video.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JarrodDoucette
New Contributor II

I'm seeing the same thing in my Story Map.  If I put your example in my Story Map, it strips the code down to the following...

www.youtube.com/embed/l3J1vfJ168g?wmode=opaque&rel=0

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jason -- Sorry, URL parameters aren't supported in the Cascade builder at this time, but we are considering adding that in a future release.

For now, you can try the little hack described in this GeoNet thread to add the start/end times to your video.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos