AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issues creating a multidimensional mosaic dataset

Question asked by afriesz_USGS on Nov 28, 2017

Hi All,

My colleague and I are trying to programatically create a multidimensional mosaic dataset from a set of time specific mosaic datasets using Arcpy. We recently found the "Creating a multidimensional mosaic dataset from a set of time series images" workflow document which nicely explains how to do this. The problem we've run into, however, is that the last step in the documentation (i.e., step 14) doesn't seem to work how I would expect. After executing the Synchronize Mosaic Dataset tool I'm expecting the Multidimension tab in the Mosaic Dataset Properties to be populated, however it's always empty. The only way that I've found to populate the Multidimension tab is to click the "Refresh" button at the bottom of the page which applies the multidimensional attribute to the mosaic dataset.

MDS Properties before running the Synchronize Mosaic Dataset tool, enabling the Refresh Aggregate Information option:

MDS Properties after running the Synchronize Mosaic Dataset tool, enabling the Refresh Aggregate Information option:

MDS Properties after clicking the "Refresh":

So my questions are:

1. Should the Synchronize Mosaic Dataset tool be filling in the Multidimension tab as I expect?

2. If the Synchronize Mosaic Dataset tool is not suppose to fill in the Multidimension tab and clicking "Refresh" is the only way to do it, is there a way to do the "Refresh" using Arcpy?

Thanks,

Aaron

Outcomes