Make a question 'required' based on response of previous question

11-27-2017 05:51 PM
StevenDowney2
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a survey where I need to make a series of responses to a set of questions 'required' based on a response from a previous question. To achieve this I am using a 'relevant' statement that displays the question(s) that are 'required' based on the previous resonse. I would like to apply a formula to the 'required' field that creates the 'yes' in order for it to work.

Testing shows that when I use the 'calculation' field, I can display the result text of the formula if(selected(${result1}, 'PRIMARY'),'yes','no') to be either yes or no. But when I apply the same logic to the 'required' field, the 'required' is not applied. I would like to add this to the survey to ensure that all the 'required' questions are completed, for validation purposes.

Thanks,

Steven

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steven

This functionality is not supported by the app yet. We do have this open as an enhancement request though and I'll add your requirements to it.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

We have just updated new 3.4 beta builds to EAC which include support for expressions in the required column for all questions types. Please test it out and let us know your feedback on EAC.

You can find the latest 3.4 beta builds here: Survey123 Early Adopter Community

Phil.

0 Kudos