AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conversion from .sid file to .kml without loosing colors...?

Question asked by sofiaanderssongis on Nov 23, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 23, 2017 by Dan_Patterson

Hello everyone,

I have a question for you. I'm working on producing some maps for a mobile application. The maps I want to use are from Norway and can be downloaded from here Få kart gratis på mobilen | Kartverket  The maps are in a file format of which I'm not very familiar called MrSid or .sid. In order to make them work for the application I need them converted into .kml files. I've successfully done this using "Layer To Kml" in arcgis pro but my problem is that when I view the newly created file in say Google Earth there are some parts of the raster that used to have colors that are now transparent. I have tried to experiment with the color of "NoData" but can't make it work. What I've noticed is that the raw file has 4 bands, RGBA, and my understanding is that the alpha band may be causing the problem.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I think it's fairly confusing that it looks perfect in arcgis pro but then it looks so weird as I open it up in Google Earth. Please let me know if you need additional information.

I attach a converted KML file which shows the problems I have. This test tile has color losses in both blue, black, white and red areas as far as I have noticed.

Thank you for your time,

Sofia Andersson

Attachments

Outcomes