See the registration number of Single use after registration

11-25-2017 11:59 PM
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi All

In floating license you can see the last 4 digits of the EFL number in the license server manager.

Is there any way to see the registration number of the ESU after it was registered? 

I have a few machines (up and running) that have single use license but I cannot remember the original numbers.

There should be at least a way to see the last 4 digits.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should be able to track these details at:

MyEsri.com > My Organizations> Licensing > Manage Existing Provisioning Files

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Curtis

We do not use provision files in this case. We just start the authorization and type the registration number. The provision file will not include the machine name or MAC Address in it.

ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

I think I found the way!

If you have your authorization in MyEsri you can create a report.

When you are in report mode on the top left you can choose to make the report on Authorization Activity (the default is Authorization  only). In this report you have the UMN ID1/2 columns. When you open ArcGIS administrator on any machine you can press the Machine ID button and get the UMN 1/2 for this machine.

Matching the UMN can help you identify the ESU you are using on that machine.

I hope it help others...

AlanaBaker3
Esri Contributor

This isn't an official method, but it should list all the ESU numbers on the particular machine..  It won't actually deauthorize your licenses, you are only using a part of the tool.  There are certain situations where you will not be able  to associate the UMNID with the license on My.Esri, especially if you are dealing with machines authorized many years ago.

How to identify which Single Use licenses are on a computer:

Download and save the ArcGIS Deauthorization Tool from the following link:

http://support.esri.com/technical-article/000011179

Extract the files to the following directory: C:\arcgis

In the Command Prompt enter the following:

cd C:\arcgis
arcgisanchorservice.exe -view

You should see an ESUxxxxxxxxx-1010 code associated with each authorized feature.  Disregard the -1010 for each ESU code.