Getting an error while trying to use World Geocoding Service

11-26-2017 11:00 PM
DeepaRajagopal
New Contributor

I am trying to do the exercise on Geocoding (chapter 😎 from the book 'The GIS 20 essential skills' by Gina Clemmer. To I am using ArcGIS version 10.4. I am trying to geocode a table of address using the World Geocoding service using ArcGIS online credentials and I got an error.  After searching some help topics on the internet and ESRI site, one option for recent versions was to add 'World' from GIS servers.  I added that and still getting a message 'There was an error trying to process this table' in the Create Feature Class dialog box.  I don't know how to overcome this error and complete this chapter.  Please help. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Deepa:

I don't have access to the book, but what workflow are you using to geocode the table? 1) right-click the table in the table of contents 2) using the Geocode Addresses geoprocessing tool

What is the format of the table you are geocoding? (txt, csv, excel, dbf...)

What is the output data format of the geocode result? (shp, in a file geodatabase)

Make sure the fields in the table don't have spaces or special characters in the name or start with a number. The same applies to the geocode result.

0 Kudos