Unable to create a new project in ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1

Jump to solution
11-20-2017 11:03 AM
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

When I open ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1, I click Create a new project - Blank. It does not do anything. If I click on an existing project it allows me to save a new one. Windows 8.1, 8GB RAm, i5. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

We changed the location of the default project location and that fixed the issue. Looks like something weird regarding permissions in the default folder. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Changing the location of where the project is saved also does not help. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Type of license you have been assigned?

If it is a license that allows you to work in another location (ie named user etc) can you make one on another machine?

The last step will rule out license issues.  I doubt it is with your machine, assuming that you are creating projects on a local machine and not on a network drive location

0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Basic License - Named User. 

Another user with same configuration except for Windows 10, as similar issues but can save it if changed location of project. But this one is Windows 8.1. I am having the user test out if they change the default location of the project could be permissions within that user profile. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

system requirements

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/get-started/setup/arcgis-desktop-system-requirements.htm

for windows 8.1 you need an April 2017 update to it... Update 8.1 or switch to 10 and check the saving issue.  That may be a permissions wherever you are saving problem and not related to Pro at all

0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

We changed the location of the default project location and that fixed the issue. Looks like something weird regarding permissions in the default folder. 

0 Kudos