viewing tin as 3D in Scene under Arcgis Pro 2.0

11-19-2017 05:19 AM
junewong
New Contributor II

i am new to ArcGIS Pro (version 2.0).

i have created a tin surface with x,y,z coordinate.

may i know how to view it in 3D? i have added / dragged to Scene, but only can view as blank

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you try 'View Convert' ?

0 Kudos
junewong
New Contributor II

yes, but it is still blank.

and i have checked the coordinate, which shall be same as the Tin.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

perhaps not everything is 3D or you haven't zoomed to a layer... can't test obviously, but why not start with an empty map and just the tin, once you have set all the appropriate properties so it displays first... then introduce other layers

0 Kudos
junewong
New Contributor II

like this now after removing the coordinate, but it only appears in 2D layer?

sorry for my loads of questions, thanks

0 Kudos
junewong
New Contributor II

hello dan, i am not sure if i miss any setting in the Scene of Arcgis Pro

my friend tried to open my Tin in the ArcScene and he can view it in 3D without any setting.

my tin files for the top and second layer are uploaded to the link below

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cIjcp09JCXIm6XIzLKBlUk7fEvd51YRC

may you help to see if there is any extra setting for Arcgis Pro?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

GCS_Hong_Kong_1980

This certainly isn't a geographic coordinate system.  At some stage did it get defined as such?  Is suspect that may be the root cause of the error

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I couldn't get it to show in 3D .... that is when I found out it was defined as a geographic coordinate system, when in fact it was projected.

When you say 'removed' the coordinate system... how did you do it? and did you define it properly afterwards?

PS  any responses from those that have viewed this post?  Anything obvious we are missing?

0 Kudos
junewong
New Contributor II

actually, i just re-created the tin using default coordinates. 

when i changed to hong kong coordinates, it showed nothing in the scene.

0 Kudos
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

First check its extent in the attributes. If it's huge, like 900000 to each side, the location's wrong.

You could also check its location in 2D. Open a blank map, set CRS to 104104, load some vector data from China, then load your TIN and use TIN domain on it to get vector data. Zoom the map to extent. When you open the vector layer's attribute table you can right click and use "flash" to see where they are. Use ArcMap for this, because its "flash" option is actually useful, unlike Pro's.

0 Kudos