How are security concerns addressed in the crowdsource reporter?

Jump to solution
11-19-2017 10:47 AM
TJKeiran1
New Contributor

I am assessing whether to use the Citizen Problem Reporter and am concerned about the immediate posting of attachments as deployed in the sample.  My concern regards the potential for abuse and ability of an anonymous user to post inappropriate content on a webmap hosted and maintained by my municipal client.  Can the tool be configured such that a municipal staff member can review and approve of the content prior to its being viewable by the general public?

Thank you, TJK

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, you can set a filter on the layer in the map that, for example, only  allows features with the value 'Yes' in the field PUBLICVIEW. If this field has a default value of 'No', all features will be hidden until someone can review the report and, if it's acceptable, update the value of that field to 'Yes'. The Crowdsource Manager app template is designed to help with this workflow. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

never used it but the documentation 

http://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/crowdsource-reporter/

says in the 2016 update

Added a configuration option for disabling anonymous access to the application.

You might want to have a scroll around in the configurations that might be useful to meet your needs and environment.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, you can set a filter on the layer in the map that, for example, only  allows features with the value 'Yes' in the field PUBLICVIEW. If this field has a default value of 'No', all features will be hidden until someone can review the report and, if it's acceptable, update the value of that field to 'Yes'. The Crowdsource Manager app template is designed to help with this workflow.