GeoEvent Delete Related Features?

11-20-2017 12:55 AM
ElleW
by
New Contributor III

Can GeoEvent delete related features? I have a feature service that contains all the cases, open and close cases. All the open cases will create buffers and when the case status is changed from Open to Closed, I want to buffers to be removed. I do not want to remove the Closed cases from the feature service only the buffer. Update a Feature output updates the features which is useful when the fields are edited but it does not remove the features that do not meet the filter criteria as such the cases that has been closed will still be in the there and this will effect the model as the buffer will used as GeoFence. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Elle,

I would recommend setting up a synchronized geofence. GeoFence synchronization allows you to specify whether a particular GeoFence is active.

The Active Field property default is (Always Active) which indicates that GeoFences imported will always be considered active.

If specified, the Active Field‘s attribute values should be literal strings – either true or false. When a synchronization rule polls features in a feature layer to synchronize the GeoEvent’s GeoFence catalog, a literal string value of true in the specified Active Field will set the GeoFence to Active / Yes – any other value will set the GeoFence to Active / No.  You could set up a field calculator to update the active field to be true when the case is Open, and false when it is Closed.

More information about synchronizing geofences can be found in Module 3 of the Introduction to GeoEvent tutorial.