AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hosted Tile Layer "resampling" does not work

Question asked by Ryan.Nosek_DuPage on Nov 17, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2018 by rtansley

Enabling "Resampling" on Hosted Tile Layers does not work.

If you have been able to successfully enable resampling/max scale properties and your hosted tile layer is also showing below your lowest level of detail that you originally cached in your hosted tile layer - please let me know how you did it!

My hosted tile layer still turns off once I go below my lowest cached scale (LOD 19 or 1:1128). Even with resampling true and max-scale property set to 1:71 (LOD 23), my hosted tile layer turns off at LOD 20. To create my hosted tile service, I followed a really helpful workflow outlined in Jake Skinner 's post. A similar workflow is now described in ArcGIS Server documentation as well.

Also, linking back to an original post where the resampling parameter was discussed by Kelly Gerrow

Side note -

Enabling "resampling" in cached map services (and cached image services too) on ArcGIS Server (10.3 tested) DOES work. However, in order for it to work, I had to also run the "Manage Map Server Cache Scales" tool in ArcGIS Desktop (which you then add your missing lower level scales, e.g. 20-23). Only after this tool is run, does your service have "empty" cache scales/levels of detail in your service, which then allows "resampling" when using your service in an AGO webmap and zooming into something like 1:71 (LOD 23).

Trying to run the ArcGIS Desktop tool "Manage Map Server Cache Scales" against a hosted tile layer does not work. Does a similar "Manage Map Server Cache Scales" tool or function exist for Hosted Tile Layers?  

Is there a way to use the tiles.arcgis.com rest admin interface to add extra levels of detail without caching (creating empty scales) so the service will properly resample?

Any help or experience from the crowd would be great! Thank you

Ryan

tile service

hosted layer

resampling

Outcomes