Python versions and API

11-17-2017 04:20 AM
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am an experience arcpy developer including large experience with the arcgis rest api.

I need to bullied a process that will publish multiple feature services (hosted and from SDE) to portal 10.5.1.

Usually its not a problem but now I need to publish it from ArcGIS Pro projects and use the lyrx symbology. I am wondering about the python I should use.

My dilemma is this: because I need to work with ArcGIS Pro I should use python 3, but if I work with python 3 request module I will not be able to publish it as a geoprocessing services (its different between py 2 and py 3). This is one issues I am thinking about.

The other thing that I am wounding about is after I will open a new folder in portal (with my py script) and then publish all of the feature services to that folder I will need to author a new web map and fully configurate it (popups and other things). After that I will need to deploy a web app builder app (but I will get to that in the end).

What I am asking is:

did anybody had to do something kike this fully in python? Are there any advices? Is there any solutions that I can see or use? And should the ArcGIS pyhon API is something that can handle this kind of operation?

I

know there is the ArcGIS for State Government Solutions but as far I can see this are fixed template and none of them is good for our one specific app.

Thank, Roi.

0 Kudos
0 Replies