ArcPad no data imagery filter

Jump to solution
11-13-2017 01:00 PM
IngridHogle
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to stop ArcPad from displaying areas of No Data (0 in my case) within a .tif image as solid black? I'm using LZW compressed, orthorectified .tif images (high resolution 2008 USGS orthoimagery).

I have clipped our imagery to our project area. The resulting images are not rectangular, and the parts of the maximum extent rectangle that do not contain imagery show up as solid black fill within ArcPad. (These areas are null/transparent when viewed in ArcMap.)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IngridHogle
Occasional Contributor

I had no idea I could do this. Wow! So simple! Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
StephenQuan1
Esri Contributor

Sorry Ingrid, ArcPad only supports alpha channel supplied in an additional band. For instance, RGBA. If you can create the alpha channel band. A 32-bit TIFF image containing 8-bit for each channel and the last with the Alpha channel will have the following TIFF tags set:

• TIFF Tag 258 Bits Per Sample (e.g. 😎
  • TIFF Tag 262 Photometric Interpretation (e.g. PHOTOMETRIC_RGB = 2)
  • TIFF Tag 338 Extra Samples (e.g. 1)
0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Have you tried setting the transparency on the image in its layer properties? Go to:

Table of Contents > Select the layer > Layer properties > Transparency. The default is no transparency, change this to black. Click OK. You should see the black parts of the image disappear. See ArcPad Help for more info.

IngridHogle
Occasional Contributor

I had no idea I could do this. Wow! So simple! Thank you so much.