Unable to create map: Item does not exist or is inaccessible

11-11-2017 12:26 AM
MelaniePolk
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm hoping to get someone's expertise on how to help me through an issue with arcgis. Since it is the weekend, I am unable to call technical support. I created a geoform on arcgis.com. As I was entering the third submission for this geoform (my professor wants 25 "fake" submissions to have data for the map) and hit submit, all of a sudden I got this error message:

"Unable to create map: Item does not exist or is inaccessible"

Since then I have not been able to view my geoform. I have no idea what could have caused this error. I even deleted the last web app map that I made (prior to that third submission on the geoform) in the hopes that it would help, but it didn't. I know that I didn't delete the geoform web application by accident because I can still see the overview page, but when I go to click on "view application", I get that error message. My hosted feature layer map that has the points gathered from my geoform also loads perfectly without any issues. I am not super tech-savy, but if anyone knows what I might have to do to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. It would save me from having to do my project all over again. I will attach a picture of the message.

geoform‌ itemdoesnotexistorisinaccessible‌ 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

HI Melanie.  Given that your question is about GeoForms, I suggest you post your question in the https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline?sr=search&searchId=712e9689-20f2-4dad-...‌ group.  If you would like to give Survey123 a try to create your form:

• Go into http://survey123.arcgis.com
  • Login with your ArcGIS Online credentials
  • Click on Create New Survey and use the Web Designer to add new questions to your form
  • Publish your form and share it with others using the Collaborate tab a appropiate
  • Then you can use the Data and Analyze tabs to look at the results of your survey