AnsweredAssumed Answered

unable to open basemaps and layers

Question asked by cblackeagle on Nov 10, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 by cblackeagle

I can no longer access basemaps in ArcGIS Online, either in a new map or an existing map I previously created before the problem started.  I get these error messages.

• Basemap is not available.  Displaying the default basemap instead.
  • Unable to open map. Basemap is not available....  Displaying default basemap instead.

In either case, it will not open my map.

I am also having trouble accessing layers I find through Search for Layer in ArcGIS Online.  I get this error message:  "Unable to establish a secure connection to the layer.  The layer, <layer name>, cannot be added to the map."  This is for multiple layers in the search results.

This is ONLY happening for me with Google Chrome on my desktop computer.  I can access all content through Internet Edge on my desktop, through Google Chrome and Internet Edge on my laptop, and through Google Chrome on my office computer.

I searched GeoNet and found that users were having similar problems last year and tried what was being suggested.  I am still having the same problems.  Since I teach classes that depend on my students use of ArcGIS Online and I need to create content for them, this is a MAJOR problem for me.

Though I am an administrator for my department account, I am not (and will not be) an authorized caller for my university and its site license, and so Esri Tech Support cannot help me.  Can someone please help me?

Thanks!!!!

Attachments

Outcomes