AnsweredAssumed Answered

Excel and ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1

Question asked by jborgion Champion on Nov 8, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2018 by sbritt-esristaff

At that agency where I work, several problems with adding or accessing an Excel Spreadsheet have been surfacing recently.  The first few seem to be related to Error: Failed to connect to database. General function failure Unexpected error from external database driver , but this latest one is in ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1.  Here is a snippet of the email I just received from the end user:

...Today I’m trying to add an Excel spreadsheet for geocoding in Pro and it’s not working properly. The data in the spreadsheet get jumbled around so that the columns and rows don’t make any sense, i.e. cause-of-death might be in the address field or the address might be in the occupation field, or one person’s address gets listed as another’s person’s address but in the age field. The data aren’t consistently moved around to the same place, it’s just a random mess. Even information I’ve deleted from my spreadsheet that I don’t include in my maps—names, DOBs—is showing up in Pro in random spots in the table.

It works if I add the data as a .csv file so that’s my workaround for the moment.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue as well.

Outcomes